Robin has been a Massage Therapist for more then 10 years and as of 2014, joined the skilled and knowledgable health care practitioners at Therapeutic Approach Health Centre. Since graduating from the 3000 hour Massage Therapy program at the West Coast College of Massage Therapy in 2005, he has taken a keen interest in sports injury massage for athletes, stress management for front line health care workers and postural realignment for computer/office workers.
Robin grew up in the small town of Port Alberni on Vancouver Island where he spent many summers in Tofino learning he was the only person on the west coast who could not surf. He moved to the east coast to be with his husband and their puggle Grady. Together, Robin is embracing and loving his new home on the east coast, and looking forward to offer Halifax, “A hand in healthy Living”.
Massage therapy is designed to rehabilitate, maintain, or improve physical function by performing manipulation techniques. The therapeutic effects of massage therapy benefit women, pregnant women, children and the elderly and can provide relief from a wide variety of mild and acute conditions. Robin's approach to each patient varies and is tailored to that individual, and is an effective treatment for:
- Low back pain - Stress - Whiplash Associated Disorder
- Insomnia - Fibromyalgia - Muscle strains
- Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI) - Muscle spasm - Temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ)
- Athletic injuries - General muscle tension - Arthritis
- Tendonitis (tennis/golfers elbow, jumpers knee, achilles) - Frozen shoulder
- Thoracic outlet syndrome - Carpal tunnel syndrome - Headaches and migraines